Thursday, November 27, 2014

Stay hungry this Thanksgiving

There are a lot of things to be thankful for this year. I've been fortunate enough to have a wonderful new husband, a beautiful farm, and lots of ponies to fill my time. I could go on and on about how great those are, and how happy they make me. However, I'd like to mention something a bit more unorthodox that I'm very grateful for; learning opportunities.


First, I'll mention the opportunity that has come to me in the form of Stübben North America. I started with being impressed with the innovations they showcased at their booth at Rolex, to purchasing a saddle, and ended up getting involved with their saddle fitter program and taking their educational seminar. Not only did this open up a wonderful dream job opportunity for me, but it also allowed me to continue the education and passion for alternative employment in the horse industry that was ignited by earning my college degree in Equine Entrepreneurship. I'm truly excited at the bright future I can see ahead of me for the upcoming years and am thrilled to be a part of Stübben's incredible team.


Secondly, I've had a wonderful opportunity working at Suncatcher Arabian's, a private breeding farm run by some of the nicest people I've ever met. They've been courteous enough to give me the ride on their prize stallion, Gunslinger, a beautiful Polish Arabian trained through 4th level dressage. He's one of the kindest, gentlest stallions I've ever had the privilege to work with and it doesn't hurt that he's also an amazing athlete. After his training, he had some poor farrier work leading to hoof lameness and ending his champion show career at the time, but after a 6 year respite, he feels ready to come back stronger than ever. It's definitely a unique opportunity to come to me, being an eventer that's only shown through 1st level, but I'm grateful for chance to learn more about dressage and polish my skills for the show ring.

I was raised to never be satisfied with my current level of knowledge. There's always more to learn, more to experience, and more to master in this world and I hope to never feel like I know everything. Whether it's earning a masters, learning from experts in their field, or just listening to someone with a a different set of life experiences than your own, always stay hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment